Attempt the Quiz
• Screening for diabetes
• Diagnosing diabetes, impaired glucose tolerance and impaired fasting glycaemia
• Management targets – HbA1c, BP, end-organ damage prevention
• Management practicalities – non-pharmacological and pharmacological
• Pharmacological management – initiation and titration of oral hypoglycaemics and insulin.
• Monitoring of complications.
• Practicalities of diabetes care – GPMP and EPC referrals.
• Emergencies in Type II Diabetes Mellitus
• Be aware of the NBSS (National Diabetes Services Scheme)